The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- One exhibit will focus on microdots which are photographed documents reduced to a size less than 1 millimetre.
- The Germans developed a miniature photograph, called a microdot, which reduced a foolscap page to the size of a full stop; this might easily pass a censor unnoticed.
- Consisting of a greatly reduced photograph of a typed page, a microdot could be pasted on top of a printed period at the end of a sentence in an otherwise innocuous missive sent between a spy and headquarters personnel.
- As microdots are seen as a valuable tool for vehicle identification by the SAPS a Protocol for access by SAPS for data base information which facilitates identification of a vehicle by SAPS through the manufacturer's data base.
- Ray Taylor of MightyDot, which markets the microdots in the UK, said: ‘This system is simple, it does not require a database, registration or on-going registration fees.’
- More than 10,000 microdots, each engraved with the vehicle identification number, would be sprayed on all major parts of a vehicle using the Datadot system.
- It contains microdots bearing a code unique to the household where it is used, while the liquid in each tube also has its own DNA-style identity in case the microdots are brushed away during cleaning.
- There's new technology to identify parts, called VIN microdots.
- Be careful with these, they're expensive because they have a microdot at the bottom.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!