The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1Politicsmitad del período de gobierno feminine
- The party of the president typically does not fare well in midterm elections.
- Republicans rule both chambers of Congress and the midterm elections are nearly two years into the future.
- In restoring undivided Republican control of the federal government, the 2002 midterm elections confirmed three current realities of American politics.
- The presence of initiatives has the power to increase turnout by as much as 9 percent in midterm elections and 3 percent in presidential election years.
- Seniors vote in very large numbers, particularly in midterm elections when most people don't vote.
- Last December, I was talking with a Democratic operative about the midterm elections.
- The Republican Party was in bad shape after the 1974 midterm elections.
- With midterm elections being merely a week away here in the United States, my morbid fascination with what the political pundits are saying has reached a fever pitch.
- That president's party went on to gain seats in the midterm elections.
- The results broke a five decade trend in which the governor's party lost seats in the midterm election.
- The midterm elections in November 1938, however, made it unnecessary for President Roosevelt to react to a possible electoral threat from the left.
- The results of the midterm elections support this.
- This became a major issue in the midterm elections.
- Will they have as much of an impact in the midterm elections?
- No other modern president has been able to accomplish such a delicate task in a midterm election.
- So where were we when we were interrupted the other day by the midterm elections?
- With midterm congressional elections approaching rapidly, both parties have said that passage of drug coverage will be critical to their success.
- Why did the administration shift the focus just 60 days before the midterm elections?
- He's really got to move quickly on this because he cannot be doing it in the same year as a midterm election.
- We know that historically the party that holds the White House loses seats in Congress in their first midterm election.
2.1(period)mitad de un trimestre femininemitad de un semestre feminine
2.2midterms pluralUS (exams)exámenes parciales masculine
- No additional midterms will be posted for this fall term.
- Take another look at meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercises, talking to a professional or any other stress release that works for you during midterms and exams.
- The point is that each of us has something we do to keep our minds off school, exams and the impending midterms.
- The CSD used to offer me time and a half for midterms and exams to accommodate for this.
- The exams, midterm, and final were equally weighted when determining final course grade.
- I can't promise anything though since midterms and tons of projects are coming up!
- Every student but one in my fall 2002 class responded that they preferred the on-line quizzes to an in-class midterm.
- It's tempting to dismiss cliquishness as a relic from high school, along with midterms, lockers, and prom dates.
- Tara was holding study sessions for second midterms, trying to convince the students that their grades were still salvageable and that they really did need these sessions.
- The answers to the eighth-grade geography midterm are in her hands.
- It's a busy time right now and people have midterms and other commitments.
- They did so well on all the quizzes, midterms and tutorials that each had an ‘A’ coming up to the finals.
- Her teacher had given her one more chance to pass the midterm within two weeks, and if she did so she wouldn't have to repeat the class the following year.
- Ninety percent of the students in Quashie's class bombed the midterm.
- With midterms approaching, it is unavoidable that professors and exam supervisors will have to consider cheating among students.
- Franchises that have success are studied like a college history book the night before midterms.
- I smile politely and compliment her on her ‘ageless beauty’ and tell the rest of the ladies that I must retire to my room to do some studying for a midterm coming up.
- It seemed only natural for our group of four to continue with the study sessions right after class as the midterm loomed closer.
- I was surprised weeks later when I found I had gotten a very decent grade on the midterm.
- I should have been studying for my midterms.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!