The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1campo minado masculinecampo de minas masculinea political minefield — un polvorín político
- The core elements of such groups can be tanks (infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers) as well as minefields and explosive obstacles.
- At the initial stage of the operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the principal mass of minefields (clusters of mines) was found in disposition areas of Russian units.
- New symbols to show minefields, or areas targeted for artillery fire, will also be available.
- They can also dig fighting positions or keep enemies at bay by planting their own minefields.
- Breaching minefields and other explosive obstacles that were widely used during the war posed a special difficulty.
- One of the fastest ways to breach a minefield is with explosives.
- In addition, both the Taliban and Northern Alliance may have engaged in more traditional types of mine warfare and existing minefields may have shifted or expanded and new ones been laid.
- A key role in this warfare is assigned to remote minelaying and remotely controlled minefields.
- Other tasks included identifying and isolating minefields and unexploded ordnance that ringed the base.
- Taiwan's military scattered more than 100,000 mines in 152 minefields on Kinmen and Matsu after the KMT fled to Taiwan in 1949.
- Soldiers will examine the data to identify suspected mines and minefield locations.
- All these rabbits lived in this space, because they could jump around the minefields without making the mines explode.
- Cat-unfriendly environments include active minefields, demilitarized zones, the bottom of the ocean, and hell.
- Combat engineers learn how to breach minefields, lay minefields, set boobytraps, build field-expedient explosives, and other skills that would be very valuable to a terrorist recruit.
- They carry mental maps of minefields of undetectable mines.
- The image of her walking through a cleared area of a minefield in Angola with a visor covering her face adorned every newspaper.
- Protection of areas and positions held by the troops is carried out (in keeping with the Geneva Convention) via installation of controlled minefields only.
- But when they attacked in March 1915, Allied (Anglo-French) naval forces had been turned back by enemy minefields, and had called in land forces to help.
- Although hundreds of acres of land in the Falklands are off-limits because of mines, the minefields are well marked and therefore cause few problems.
- The film starts with a high speed hovercraft chase through a minefield in the demilitarised zone separating North and South Korea.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!