The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(as title)señor masculinehe's just (a) plain mister — no tiene ningún título
- You can't get away with changing the subject mister!
- And mister, if you don't smarten up you'll end up just like her.
- I may be pregnant but I will get up and kick your butt mister.
- Another voice could be heard that was even louder, ‘You don't have to like my decision mister but you will have to live with it!
- Hold your tongue mister, you're going to say something stupid.
- "Well mister," she said, pointing her fork at him.
- Well mister, we won't be having any of that.
- ‘My memory has just been sold’ - well, boo-hoo, mister!
- Well, I'm sorry, mister, but I've been a Frank Zappa fan since before you were even wearing diapers, okay?
- You just wait until you have problems fitting into your tux, mister.
- That's my wife you're talking about, mister.
- She'd march him down the street to some secret bunker and shove his nose into a nuclear bomb and say, ‘Uh, huh, and what do you call this, mister?’
- I think you've been reading too many Tom Clancy novels, mister.
2informal¡oiga!hey, mister, you dropped your gloves — ¡oiga, se le han caído los guantes!
- One or two young Iraqi boys approached them awkwardly and tried to say hello… ‘Mister, mister!’
- Then some kid will turn up on a Saturday from Auchtermuchty or somewhere like that and say to me, ‘Hey, mister, are you the man that does the rugby?’
- He said to me, ‘I understand there was some dancing going on, mister.’
- As the fellow carried him ashore, the boy looked up and said, ‘Thanks for saving my life, mister.’
- There were no cries of, ‘Hey, mister, you need taxi?’
- Yes, I think the audience is well aware of that, mister.
- With all due respect, mister, I think it is always our objective to win.
- He could only speak a few words, pleading ‘No, mister.’
- ‘I like your song, mister,’ Ronnie said as he dropped in the coins.
- Thanks, mister, but I don't even know your name!
- ‘Thanks, mister,’ I gasped at the guide who pulled me out.
- "Sorry mister, I didn't mean to startle you," he said.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!