The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of muérdago
- Most dwarf mistletoes grow on conifers in the western United States.
- In Somerset and Herefordshire mistletoe grows on the apple trees from which cedar is produced.
- The Druids would cut the mistletoe that grew on the oak tree and give it as a blessing.
- The mistletoes that grow on the Ohau beeches can reach nine feet in both length and width and can virtually envelop a tree, but unlike their European and North American counterparts, they do not damage their hosts.
- For example, mistletoe grows on trees and supplements its nutrition by absorbing nutrients from the tree.
- Kissing under the mistletoe is a relatively recent custom, popularized in Victorian England.
- Unlike Spanish moss, mistletoe is a parasite that takes its food from the host tree.
- Unlike most plant parasites, the broom-forming dwarf mistletoes may considerably benefit a forest community by creating additional food resources and habitat for many animals.
- The other well-known xylem tapping parasites are the mistletoes.
- Once the festivities are over put the mistletoe berries in a plastic bag and keep in a cool place until February or March.
- Honeyeaters are the primary pollinators for native mistletoes and certain other nectar-producing plants.
- Since mistletoes have fruit during the winter, cultures have long associated them with fertility.
- The correct procedure is that a man should pick a berry each time he kisses a girl under the mistletoe, and the kissing should stop when the last berry is gone.
- Decorative plants such as holly, mistletoe and poinsettia are toxic to pets.
- I've already hung up the holly, bows, wreaths, and mistletoes around the house strategically.
- At the turn of the last century, botanists reported forests ablaze with the scarlet blooms of native mistletoes, but today few areas of New Zealand support profuse growth.
- Somehow Nicky kept finding mistletoes all around the house, so he had an excuse to kiss me.
- So far it's been okay, I kiss Greg under the mistletoe when I get a chance.
- He eyed the mistletoe above her head and before she knew what was happening, Justin was kissing her passionately.
- Kissing under the mistletoe is a remnant of the old fertility rites.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!