Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1agricultura mixta feminine
- The farmers employ horticulture, mixed farming, dairying, tillage and poultry in six counties.
- Large areas of forestry had been cleared from the Mesolithic onward and mixed farming formed an established agriculture system across the whole of Britain.
- The inhabitants practised mixed farming, raising cattle and pigs and cultivating wheat and barley.
- These farmers, who to survive must rely more on subsistence crops and mixed farming than do their more commercial neighbors, involve all family members in a variety of economic strategies.
- Initially he planted crops, but then he changed to mixed farming and finally to dairying.
- For the arable farmer, manure was the crucial problem, and one of the major advantages of the various mixed farming systems which existed was the provision of animal manure.
- A similar attitude was reflected in the advice often given by town business leaders and boards of trade to farmers that they should practise mixed farming instead of wheat monoculture.
- The wet unimproved land and lower input produced by traditional mixed farming systems in the North York Moors are perfect for waders.
- In mixed farming systems, bananas are used as a shade plant for cocoa, coffee, black pepper and nutmeg, and in many countries the plant itself is used as an ornamental.
- It comes from small production units of mixed farming systems where traditional practices are handed down the generations.
- And it made mixed farming possible in a country impossible to fence.
- Estates with relatively more grazing were more efficient than estates with relatively more arable or mixed farming.
- The traditional farming style has been one of mixed farming and dry stock with a strong emphasis on preservation of the natural rural environment and prevention of pollution.
- With no suitable animals to domesticate, apart from the llama and the guinea pig, and no draught animals to pull the plough, the development of more mixed farming was gradual.
- Its mixed farming and consumer audience ensures that producers and consumers have a better understanding of each others needs.
- Pembrokeshire's mild climate, mixed farming practices and long growing season mean that there is a wide variety of local produce on sale.
- It was not so much the price-support system in itself that was irrational, but the level at which prices were set in a context of mixed farming sizes.
- How would vegetarians set about dismantling the mixed farming system?
- A narrow coastal plain of low relief and clay soils, historically the area of densest rural settlement and mixed farming production, extends between the Russian and Swedish borders.
- New England settlers practiced mixed farming and had greater ties to the market, and tended to play a very important role in local towns.