The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Francis gives a similar explanation for the exceptional mimicry of mockingbirds, suggesting that mimicry itself was not favored by natural selection.
- Although first cousin to the melodious mockingbird, a catbird's song is seldom musical.
- In Massachusetts winter residents include chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, titmice, cardinals, and mockingbirds.
- The true song of a mockingbird is hard to detect, since they imitate other birds and sounds.
- He did make an observation about how similar Galapagos mockingbirds were to those of mainland South America, but he missed the lesson of the finches entirely.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!