The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The knight was now looking around through a single monocle at all the boys passing by, sizing one up for a leader.
- His eyes were a raven black and one eye wore a monocle that was positioned across his nose.
- Finally, out of its leather pouch came his monocle - a plain lens in a rolled gold double rim.
- Its glassy surface gently scintillating with a myriad of colours, the monocle seemed to hold unfathomable power within its relatively small size.
- Later in Hollywood he was advised by American friends to replace the monocle with glasses for job interviews.
- He adjusted the monocle and focused it on the large sparkling stone.
- Fumbling with a glass of champagne, his monocle popped out and dangled in the drink.
- Players must wear at least two additional accessories along with their regular uniform, options include top hats, monocles, scarves, berets, tool belts, leather jackets, and spurs.
- How many Internet users actively wear monocles?
- The powdered wigs and monocles glimmered as I made a smile upon my face, nodding as the finest wealth of the continent graciously accepted what the cart had to offer.
- People were wearing, not just pince-nez, but monocles.
- Even the characters who aren't wearing monocles look as if they should be.
- When I went back there I found the monocle in one of his drawers.
- And Franz looked at me, peered at me through his monocle, and said, ‘Very well.’
- To let us know that he's sophisticated and wicked, Fred has a monocle and cigarette holder to go along with his white tie and tails.
- A brown derby covered his white hair, and a monocle covered his eye.
- To one side of her a young boy in overalls sucked on his ticket, to the other a plump man frowned through a monocle at a pocket watch chained to his vest.
- A Dutch planter comes to mind, with knee-high boots and a monocle.
- It suddenly struck me that without the monocle, he would look very much like the statue of David by Michelangelo.
- I noticed that his face had turned red and he disguised it by taking off his monocle and cleaning off imaginary dust from it.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!