The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of monolingüe
- Children who acquire more than one language early can develop thinking skills that may elude monolingual children of the same age.
- She grew up in Soviet Moscow, a supposedly monolingual society, but she remembers noticing and being fascinated by the range of accents and speech patterns she heard.
- Very few people are now monolingual Welsh speakers, though I have met one or two in rural areas in central and northern Wales.
- This is true even for monolingual adults and young children who never learned any formal arithmetic.
- Most residents are more comfortable speaking local African languages; close to half the population is monolingual in a local language.
- Unlike their minority peers, most mainstream U.S. students grow up in a homogeneous monolingual family and in a community where their mother tongue and culture are the norms.
- Easier is to put all your languages on one blog, but then you risk confusing and possibly annoying monolingual readers, or of reducing one language to minority status.
- All the monolingual students, who comprised about 50% of the students, were placed in that class, with permission from their parents.
- The monolingual reader, free from vocabulary and prior knowledge demands, was able to concentrate on the interpretation and comprehension of the text as a whole.
- Many of us complain that most college students are monolingual.
- He said it once in English, then translated it for his monolingual mate.
- The bilingual children scored twice as high on this test as the monolingual children.
- As a monolingual traveler in a foreign land carrying only a bilingual dictionary knows, a fluent traveling companion would be a much more valuable aid.
- This is very important for a nation like ours, which still has a tendency to be monolingual.
- The monolingual Spanish minority still constitute much of the elite, and Spanish is used more widely than Guaraní in urban areas.
- How did a boy belonging to monolingual Britain get interested in a foreign language?
- Participants were all monolingual Japanese speakers from predominantly middle class families and attended school in a metropolitan region west of Tokyo.
- Saying ‘Minchuan East Road Section 1’ to a monolingual taxi driver is likely to result in a blank stare, even if ‘Minchuan’ is pronounced perfectly.
- Over 90% of Paraguayans are estimated to speak Guaraní, with about 40% of the population monolingual in Guaraní.
- As a country we are in danger of becoming monolingual.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!