The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1mal de alturas masculinemal de montaña masculinesoroche masculine Andesapunamiento masculine Southern Conepuna feminine Chile
- Acute mountain sickness can be acquired at altitudes greater than 5000 feet above sea level, so you need to be aware of its symptoms.
- Acute mountain sickness occurs in travelers making rapid ascents to high altitudes.
- Acute mountain sickness is not only uncomfortable; it is also partly responsible for an increased mortality at high altitude.
- Acute mountain sickness is something that comes on after a day or so at high altitude.
- They were stricken with altitude sickness in its various forms: acute mountain sickness, high altitude pulmonary oedema, and high altitude cerebral oedema.
- For some reason, migraines, hangovers, motion sickness, and acute mountain sickness have very similar symptoms.
- Three main syndromes of altitude illness may affect travellers: acute mountain sickness, high altitude cerebral oedema, and high altitude pulmonary oedema.
- Even so, the weather records had to be collected and the instruments reset every week or so, and it turned out there was only one person on Bailey's staff who could do this regularly without suffering the dreaded mountain sickness.
- This mountain sickness arrives when the body can no longer cope with the high altitude and can be fatal, but Mr Shorten was recovering well yesterday and, on the expedition website, thanked the other team members and the medical staff.
- Rapid altitude ascent can lead to acute mountain sickness.
- We evaluated the efficacy of acetazolamide in the treatment of chronic mountain sickness and the importance of nocturnal hypoxemia in its pathophysiology.
- From the information provided it is impossible to comment on the non-effectiveness of gingko in preventing acute mountain sickness.
- This is known as acute mountain sickness, and usually resolves itself after 2 or 3 days at medium altitudes.
- It transpired that there had been a death at Everest Base Camp, presumably from acute mountain sickness.
- Three mountaineers, who had an attack of mountain sickness, were put on oxygen.
- At the orientation programme, the field director gave instructions and tips on safe trekking including information on mountain sickness, leeches, bird watching and star gazing by related experts.
- Climbers suffering from acute mountain sickness have been known to chat with imaginary companions, see strange visions, and lose touch with reality.
- In clinical trials held in April, climbers taking the supplement were half as likely to experience acute mountain sickness as those taking a placebo.
- The rarefied air requires a mandatory period of two or three days enforced rest on arrival in order to ward off headaches and mountain sickness.
- Beware of mountain sickness if you intend to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!