The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- That evening, in Downings, the team mulled things over, and finally Dan came up with a suggestion.
- Well, I sat through this entire trial except for a few weeks, and I think that the jury did an excellent job of evaluating the case and mulling it over.
- Autumn, with its cool evenings and time to sit with feet propped on a trusty hamper, is an excellent time to mull ideas and review notes.
- Talent is always at the top of the agenda - and at the end of each meeting, the executive team mulls individual development decisions on key staffers.
- Mr Snippet will long since have abandoned all hope that I was ever going to respond to what he had to say, but I never quite forgot his point, and periodically, while shaving or whatever, I have been mulling things over.
- I teach a class in online journalism (yes - I get to infect young minds with this stuff too!) and we'd had a long discussion about the question, so I'd been mulling it over.
- Pub manager Martin Day said afterwards: ‘We are mulling it over for the time being.’
- I held this thought for about five minutes mulling it over, before realising how ridiculous it was!
- But, mulling it over, I decided my problem with US television drama is bigger than that.
- It gives my hands something to do while I'm mulling things over.
- As I was mulling it over, I had a sudden realisation that made a lot of sense - maybe they didn't want to win the election?
- And yet after spending several hours mulling it over I find that I have almost nothing to say about it.
- When you hear that detectives are mulling an interview with the prime minister himself, you know it's big.
- I've been mulling it all over over the last few days and I've come to the conclusion that we are both right.
- Although nothing has been formally announced, Collins is mulling the idea over.
- If I've had a stressful day, when I go out for a run I'm able to mull it over in my mind.
- We are just really annoyed and we have four days to mull it over and make sure we do get it right at the weekend.
- Pinsent is determined there will be no shooting from the lip and intends to take another couple of months to mull it over before announcing a decision.
- I'm going to have to think about it for a while, just to mull it over.
- At least with a letter you have time to mull things over - you have to write it, then buy a stamp, then take a trip to the post box.
1(wine/cider) calentar con azúcar y especias
- mulled wine
- We drank some beer, mulled some wine, ate some mince pies, and managed to repair several cigarettes.
- Eight people are huddled around the stove, drinking freshly mulled wine to keep out the chill.
- Saturday 20th December: I will be watching The Muppets' Christmas Carol and drinking mulled wine. It'll be all festive and everything.
- Sparkling wine is a perfectly acceptable alternative to champagne, as is mulled wine in winter, and will reduce your costs in this area by up to about 40 per cent.
- And white wines are mulled almost as often as red.
- Also on offer to keep out the cold will be mulled wine and mince pies.
- Of course, there was more mulled wine to be enjoyed later in the day, as large crowds gathered in the town square at 5pm for the turning on of the Christmas lights.
- Only the alluring alcoholic whiff of freshly made mulled wine can surpass the spicy aroma of mince pies for generating genuine festive cheer.
- We were then directed toward the great hall itself, where Elizabethan music could be heard, and mulled wine was being served.
- Mince pies and mulled wine was provided and served by Huby Women's Institute in the village hall, thanks to a financial donation by the parish council.
- Minced pies and mulled wine will be available and the shop will be selling everything you need to survive the festive season from hampers and gifts to trees and turkeys.
- If all that mulled wine and merriment gives you indigestion, how about a touch of wartime austerity to bring a bit of balance?
- It was so cold with the heating turned down that I decided to go for the first mulled wine of the year.
- To begin proceedings mulled wine will be served at 8pm which will be followed by a five-course dinner at 8.30 pm.
- Refreshments of finger foods, sandwiches, cakes and mulled wine were organised by Geraldine Cummins.
- There will also be smoked salmon sandwiches and mulled wine available on the car park of Hunters' Lodge.
- Propose a toast for the occasion with homemade hot cocoa, spiced tea, mulled cider or eggnog served in Spode Christmas Tree mugs.
- There will also be mulled sherry and mince pies in the centre's food court.
- As the first movie was concluding The Maiden went to the Kitchen to pour the well-mulled hot spiced cider into deep earthen mugs, filling them full and placing a cinnamon stick in each to use as a stir.
- Dust down your copy of Last Christmas, get mulling that wine, and deck your house with as many dancing reindeer as you can find.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!