The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de momificar
verbo transitivo mummifies, mummifying, mummified
- In ancient Egypt, people were mummified in order to help them attain eternal life.
- This explains why the Egyptians mummified the dead: so that the ka, on its return, would find the body not decomposed.
- More than 2,000 years ago, a roll of papyrus with extensive writings was enshrouded with a body that was mummified for preservation.
- Could the solution be that these ancient Britons had been mummified?
- A highly effective desiccator, this mineral - in the form of a paste called natron - was one of the ingredients used by ancient Egyptians to mummify their queens and kings.
- The ancient Egyptians mummified more than just human corpses.
- He, therefore, knew very well that his body would be mummified like those of his predecessors whose royal relics he had looked after.
- The Site of Apis is famous for the sacred animal of god Ptah, the Apis bull that was mummified here prior to its being buried.
- In ancient Egypt, cats and dogs were mummified because they were believed to have an afterlife, and Egyptian Gods had animal heads.
- The pharaohs were mummified using plants, herbs, spices, and minerals.
- He said the vast majority of these animals were mummified because of their link with ancient Egyptian gods.
- The Egytpians mummified their dead because they believed a person needed a preserved body in order to survive in the afterlife.
- The body of the dead cat would be taken to the city of Bubastis, home of the goddess Bastet, where it would be mummified and buried in a cat cemetery.
- Although the tomb dates from 1330 B.C., the researchers believe the lion was probably mummified and buried during a later Egyptian dynasty in the final centuries before Christ.
- They were often mummified - and, sometimes, mice were also entombed with the cats, to keep them well-fed on their metaphorical journey to the next world.
- There was however great inequality in preparation for eternal life. The Pharaohs and other royals, nobles and key officials were mummified and accompanied by grave goods and great treasure.
- The completely wrapped mummified infant under investigation was detected in the upper level of the tomb chamber.
- Followers of the goddess Bast, the goddess of pleasure, created sanctuaries with bronze statues of cats and mummified hundreds of thousands of cats.
verbo intransitivo mummifies, mummifying, mummified
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!