The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de momia
- The Tutankhamun CT scan project was only the first step in a five-year endeavor to scan and preserve the ancient mummies of Egypt, many of which are crumbling.
- Such jars were used in ancient Egyptian burials to store the internal organs of mummies but the jar is the only example in the Harrogate collection to contain a residue.
- From ancient Egyptian mummies to Iron Age bog bodies found in northern Europe, human remains reveal much about past cultures.
- In this study, we describe an infant mummy from ancient Egypt that showed macromorphologic signs of chronic anemia and vitamin C deficiency.
- It has already been used to scan historical artefacts, including Egyptian mummies, and body organs and bones for teaching medical students.
- Lizard, fish, and even beetle mummies from ancient Egypt have been unearthed.
- The mummy is associated with the legends of Egypt, but archaeologists have excavated preserved human remains the world over.
- This all results from my fascination with mummies and other bodies preserved from ancient times.
- During her studies she worked with the British Museum examining the paints used on the sarcophagus of an Egyptian mummy to find out how the ancients had created a new colour.
- The ceremony ‘opening of the mouth’ was carried out by priests on both the mummy and the mummy case in order to prepare the deceased for the journey to the afterworld.
- I learn that one ice cream ingredient, locust bean gum, was used in ancient Egypt to seal the wrappings on mummies.
- The skeleton turned out to be a composite of three individuals, the head and lower jaw having been replaced during the mummy's long history.
- Nothing has more capacity to astonish, when the wrappings of a mummy have been removed, than the state of preservation of the forms of the face.
- One theory suggests that examination of his mummy revealed a wound near his left ear, which would have caused a cerebral haemorrhage.
- The whole topic of investigating human remains is hugely popular with the general public, which adores the ghoulish and grisly: mummies are always big attractions in museums.
- Medical care in ancient Egypt was advanced: mummies have been found which have artificial teeth and well-set fractures.
- He accused the team of being unethical in implementing their forensic examination, as well as disregarding the use of scientific procedures while removing the fragile mummy from its golden sarcophagus.
- The team examined samples from four animal mummies - two hawks, a cat, and an ibis - dating from 818 B.C. to 343 B.C.
- Above all, thousands of mummies found all over Egypt bear witness to how they believed, more than any other culture in history, that the human body played a part in the continued survival of the spirit.
- Who doesn't love a good mummy - those lumbering creatures that will chase you tirelessly?
1(mother)mami femenino coloquialmamita femenino coloquial(as form of address) mami coloquial(as form of address) mamita coloquial
- We asked them to draw a picture of their mummy for a Mother's Day card.
- ‘I loved being a mummy but that has been taken away from me,’ she said.
- May your mummy still love you when you dye your hair green.
- It is in one sense anthropomorphic to believe that fish love their mummies and daddies and go to school under the river and grow up to be good little fish.
- My little boy knows that he has a mummy and a daddy who love him very much and love each other very much and that's what counts.
- Grace had once been a kind, sweet child who loved her mummy and daddy and couldn't stand to be away from them for more than a day.
- Is she suggesting that ALL mothers should not work but be mummies full time?
- ‘I know she's not my real mummy,’ Gully says, ‘but she loves me and I love her, and isn't that what matters?’
- One of my greatest memories is when a four-year-old autistic child who had only ever uttered isolated words suddenly said ‘I love you mummy, I love you daddy’.
- A message, one of many at the roadside shrine, read: ‘We miss you lots, we will love you for ever, love mummy and daddy.’
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!