The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de nácar
1nácar masculinomadreperla femenino
- The nacre, or mother of pearl, is the innermost layer, which is composed of thin, alternating, laminae (flakes or sheets) of calcium carbonate and an organic material.
- The oyster coats the sand grain with a silvery shiny layer called nacre.
- Now, researchers have designed a synthetic material that mimics both nacre's internal architecture and its strength.
- Back down they go for several more years, during which time the oyster instinctively surrounds the injected foreign body with nacre, so building up a beautiful pearl.
- They're an oyster's coping mechanism - they coat the irritant with smooth, shiny nacre.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!