The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
nounplural narcissuses, plural narcissi
- Garden centres are supplied with spring flowering bulbs of daffodils, hyacinths, narcissus, tulips and crocus, but let's not stop there.
- The tulip is followed in popularity by the daffodil and other narcissi, the gladiolus, the lily and the crocus.
- It is the season to plant flowering bulbs such as tulips, narcissi, crocuses and hyacinths.
- The gardens are bounded by rhododendrons as well as azaleas, while in the woodlands there are snowdrops, bluebells, daffodils and narcissi.
- Crocus, grape hyacinths and narcissi are particularly suitable for larger grassy areas such as medians, slopes and the areas in front of shrubs.
- They won't eat daffodils and other narcissi which are distasteful to them, but they find tulips and crocus irresistible.
- Most daffodils and other narcissi will thrive in your area even without pre-cooling, but tulips will require more effort!
- Squirrels and other small creatures won't eat daffodils or other narcissi bulbs.
- Tulips, iris, lilies, narcissi and hyacinths are examples of ‘true bulbs.’
- Other fun bulbs for easy forcing include colorful hyacinths, crocuses and narcissi.
- Among the most commonly forced bulb flowers are amaryllis, paper-white narcissus, muscari and hyacinths.
- Many, such as snowdrops, crocuses, and early rock garden narcissi are supposed to come up in very early spring, even peeking through the snow.
- The narcissus is a flower named after the young man who fell in love with his own reflection and pined away because he could not reach the object of his love.
- It has far outlasted the bowls of hyacinth and narcissi that came into flower at the same time.
- More than half the top 20 plants were spring flowers, including primroses, wild narcissi and lime-green euphorbias.
- Try bulbs that are prolific in winter months, such as tulips, narcissus, hyacinth, kalanchoe and cyclamen.
- White or yellow narcissus and crocus would be an excellent foil for the blue/lilac shades of muscari and anemones.
- Smaller flowers including species and botanical tulips, miniature and species narcissi are top of many bulb shopping lists this fall.
- When served, they are cut open, and their yellow and white centres remind people of the narcissus flowers which bloom in the hills in the spring time.
- The hoop petticoat narcissus, snowdrops, scillas, and crocus are perhaps the most delightful subjects for the purpose.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!