The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The fundamental teaching of the Buddha is the four dharma seals: impermanence, no-self, suffering and nirvana, or peace.
- Transcendental concepts like Buddhahood and nirvana may well represent our ultimate goal, but we will never become a Buddha by ignoring our immediate human condition.
- The answer to the problem of suffering does not lie in a better rebirth in the cycle of reincarnation - only nirvana offers a final solution.
- In mahayana Buddhism, a bodhisattva is an enlightened being who forgoes nirvana and vows to take rebirth again and again in order to save all sentient beings from suffering.
- Yet this unconditional state gives rise to all conditional things - all the experiences of samsara and nirvana, confusion and wisdom, conceptual perplexities, emotional conflicts, and so on.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!