The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of sustantivar
- Some items in the last set might be plural nominalized obsoletes rather than verbs, but the ones I checked were third-person singular verbs.
- The second construes the process as a thing - the verb has been nominalized by means of the ing suffix - consequently, the temporal aspect of the process has been backgrounded.
- Perhaps by analogy with the compounds ‘schoolmate,’ ‘messmate,’ ‘playmate’, Edmund is treating the nominalised adjective as a compound noun.
- More or less the same can be said of null subjects in controlled complements in Romanian and in embedded nominalized clauses in Imbabura Quechua.
- This might even be in some sense true, if the difference in noun/verb balance is mainly due to expressing propositions less often in nominalized form.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!