Learn More About Spanish Culture
adjective nuttier, nuttiest
1(taste) (nueces, almendras, avellanas etc.) a frutos secos
- Simply grind in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender 3 measures of linseed, two measures of sunflower seeds and one measure of almonds to make a delicious nutty tasting powder.
- For appetizers, I recommend the arugala salad for those who enjoy the distinctly nutty flavour of this salad green.
- We sampled the plump, satisfying pork pot-stickers as well as the shrimp balls on cloud ear mushrooms, which combined a distinctly nutty flavour with the sweet pink puffs of shrimp.
- Each matzo is flame-baked in a traditional long oven for just sixty seconds to give them their incomparable crispness and subtle nutty flavour.
- Another novel sake introduced at the tasting event was the award-winning Kijoshu sake, which has a syrupy texture and a rich, nutty caramel flavor.
- You dip these ingredients into olive oil and then into a little bowl of zatar, a blend of spices and herbs like thyme and sumac, which dusts each bite an unusual nutty flavour.
- I suggested that maybe the spiciness of the Merguez may be overpowering it, because the Emmental certainly gave my own crepe it's nutty distinct flavour.
- Its rich, nutty flavor is surprisingly sharp and refreshing.
- Another day we make semi-freddo, combining the richness of heavy cream with bitter dark chocolate and the nutty flavour of amaretti biscuits.
- Melted with milk, this one produces the assertive, clean, nutty flavour that gives your palate a hit similar to a strong espresso coffee.
- Flax seeds are tiny, golden, flat, elongated seeds, rather crunchy in texture, with a bit of a nutty flavour.
- The nutty flavour of the barley goes very well with the slightly exotic flavour of the mushrooms - a marriage made in Scotland.
- Wild rice is considered a highly nutritional grain and is recognized by its chewy texture and nutty flavour.
- They are stunning to look at and have a distinct, nutty flavour.
- It has a delicate, fruity aroma reminiscent of apricots, a nutty flavour with a texture that's almost chewy.
- They gave us creamy yak yoghurt buried with an inch of tsampa and for once I truly relished its nutty flavour.
- This is the perfect dish to showcase the truffle's earthy forest floor perfume and nutty flavour.
- It was described by the Arctic explorer Richardson in the mid-19th century as ‘a small white root about the thickness of a goose quill, which had an agreeable nutty flavor’.
- When heated and reduced, maple syrup can be used for delicate sugar work, often with more appealing results than white sugar due to the syrup's smoky, almost nutty, flavor.
- This rice is less processed than its white counterpart: the grains retain their bran layers, giving the rice a light brown color, chewy texture, and nutty flavor.
2.1(eccentric)(professor) chiflado informal(professor) chalado informal(idea) de loco
- There is no tangible search for solutions and little real, positive innovation or creativity; merely the recycling of outdated ideas, baseless gossip and nutty proposals.
- I have no doubt that the advice you have received from economists and tax experts has told you why your proposal is nutty.
- I would have to do this nutty, wild, exhausting sort of dance where I would flail my arms and legs out with so much gusto I would eventually lose some of the bottled up energy.
- His nutty enthusiasm for the game of golf hasn't diminished one stroke in his even-par 72 years.