The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of escandaloso
- It is all the more unhappy because we see what gentleness, what tact and professionalism he has to bring to the job of minicab driving: dealing with all sorts of obstreperous and difficult customers.
- The crowd seated in the bleachers - it was a full house - was incessantly loud and obstreperous.
- If NASA can pull it off - and at the same time deal once and for with obstreperous French air traffic controllers and striking baggage handlers - the result could be a civil aviation revolution.
- Most of the young people he'd come into contact with thought any music which wasn't loud and obstreperous was a waste of ears.
- Already he could hear the growing clamor of his three obstreperous children.
- And they'll indicate whether a patient was noisy and needed medication or if they were obstreperous and perhaps needed to be placed in a straight jacket or tied to the bed.
- Also at the home is an obstreperous new resident named Patrick, an ex-alcoholic who develops a close relationship with Clara, believing her to be a lost love from the Second World War.
- Your confirmation may therefore be vetoed by an obstreperous minority that needs no other reason besides, of course, the fact that you are ‘extreme.’
- ‘He didn't exactly embrace the editing process,’ my editor said, hinting, albeit understatedly, at the reporter's obstreperous personality.
- Some of them can be very demanding and ungrateful, even obstreperous and fractious.
- Particularly obstreperous prisoners were hosed down with cold water from the bay, a practice that earned the warden the nickname ‘Saltwater’ Johnston.
- The obstreperous emails in question focus on Norway's economic relationship with the European Union.
- At 178 pounds was the one and only Cassius Clay, who was cantankerous, garrulous and obstreperous.
- The guard was armed with a long spear and a knife, the goat with only his tiny sharp teeth and his severely obstreperous attitude.
- He sticks to his mission, getting the obstreperous children into school and helping them become learners.
- Most male penguins are known for being obstreperous, territorial squawkers.
- They are now more likely to call a product obstreperous than blame themselves for their ineptitude.
- In my experience, Lefschetz was both obstreperous and enthusiastic - about research in mathematics.
- His clothes are shabby, his shoes worn, but he is always ready to intervene if some of the young men become a bit obstreperous.
- Anyway, I'm feeling obstreperous, so what exactly should the US do in the conduct of future war?
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!