The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(presence/narrator/building) demasiado prominente(noise) molesto(smell) penetrantethe violins/his gestures were obtrusive — los violines/sus gestos eran demasiado prominentes
- His actions were quickly followed and none of the officers noticed any longer the obtrusive wrongness of his presence.
- By its very nature, this commercial intrusion is designed to be obtrusive and dominant.
- Brash fashion, garish visuals and acceptably obtrusive sounds make for an attention grabbing set this evening at the Music Box.
- Ashley's response was cut short by a loud, obtrusive cough from where Jimmy sat to my left.
- Commercial influence and the grip of wealthy patrons are obtrusive and obvious.
- We may find that some religious augmentation of a school's dress code is not obtrusive, while others violently blare forth!
- The void of the Berlin Museum is incessant, obtrusive and silent.
- The scenario was made so ghastly and obtrusive that I guess most women and kids would be too frightened to try eating out at the prison-like eatery.
- The other tables, however, had much less obtrusive lighting.
- The works would be less obtrusive from rooms further up.
- Yet I was overwhelmed by the kindness of Laotian people, who were warm without being obtrusive, direct without being rude.
- The more ambitious and well favoured tend to become obtrusive, and, eventually, inevitably, an embarrassment to their masters.
- Though their presence was meant to be protective, it was essentially obtrusive, and in terms of it being necessary at all, tragic.
- I like the idea a lot, but the blue highlighting is just too obtrusive - I find I'm reading the hyperlinks and ignoring the text.
- So now you have a rather obtrusive opening on the ground floor with a view into an empty basement without stores or food outlets.
- There are other, less obtrusive ways to reduce software piracy.
- The Colorama, once a welcome diversion, seemed by then vulgar and obtrusive.
- On an aesthetic level, this film is special because it utilises a lot of modern devices successfully without feeling obtrusive or gimmicky.
- The courts have been inconsistent, often influenced by how obtrusive the display is and whether a genuine historic context is involved.
- In his case, and perhaps in yours as well, the direction isn't obtrusive in any way.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!