The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1the occult — las ciencias ocultas
1(arts/powers) oculto(ritual) ocultista
- Her plots depend on the occult power of art and the frailty of our ordinary healthy relation to the world.
- The result is witchcraft practised as an occult art, operating primarily through spells and curses.
- Americans have significantly increased their belief in psychic, paranormal and occult phenomena over the past decade, the Gallup Poll notes.
- In addition Spence distinguished between the benevolent occult arts and black magic.
- From her he had inherited his mysticism and his occult powers.
- He was the son of Silken Thomas and as a result of being educated in Italy he came to be recognised as a dabbler in the occult arts.
- I had a grandmother involved in the occult practice of Kabala and that was very dangerous.
- Plus I will be putting together two galleries, one of designs I have done for specific people, and another of occult tattoo flash art.
- She even thought that mesmerism and hypnotism were occult arts.
- I have a doctorate in religious philosophy as well as the occult arts so I know a lot about different religions.
- He passionately wanted to revive interest in the occult arts.
- The Allies raid the camp where the occult ceremony is taking place, but not before a demon has already been conjured.
- I am often thankful that I started studying/practicing Zen shortly before I began studying/practicing various occult traditions.
- Seeking ‘higher levels of consciousness’ may instead bring devotees face to face with evil spirits through occult practices.
- Both Christian and Jew are forbidden to participate in the occult practices listed in Deuteronomy 18: 10.
- The genuine seekers of truth will receive the spiritual awakening not by psychedelic drugs nor by occult practices.
- Leading members of the society visited India and other parts of Asia to study mystical teachings and seek out occult phenomena.
- As Thomson relates, film began as an occult, slightly shady art, played in flickering lights often in the bad part of town.
- The regulation bans any direct or indirect promotion through radio or television of occult practices.
- It is no accident therefore, that alchemy has been relegated to the margins along with other occult practices.
2formal(secret, esoteric)(terminology) arcano formal
- Every culture has its avant-garde, and every avant-garde has its own occult language.
- Since my initiation, very few outside of my Order knew of my initiation or of my occult involvement.
- That's what is so disappointing about using the Net to organize occult communities.
- Goddess worship is a key component in most esoteric - or what came to be known as occult - traditions.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!