The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of octavo
- Folded one more time, the sheet produces a book-sized format call an octavo.
- Faulkner's monument is the edition of Swift's Works issued in twenty octavo volumes in 1772.
- The first number of the Boston Journal of Natural History appeared in 1834 and continued through seven octavo volumes until it was declared complete in 1863.
- This title derives from the first text of the play, published in octavo (small-format book) in 1595.
- It was much easier to read and was available in octavo form and could be effortlessly held in the hand easily.
- Most basically, these texts were small, usually octavo publications of between 100 and 300 pages, bursting with short poems in English by three or more authors.
- John Woodhouse did at least 72 of the 150 paintings for the imperial folio edition and 5 additional plates for the octavo edition.
- The five volumes consisted of an octavo of 786 pages of descriptive matter and four imperial folios containing 213 plates.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!