The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ofrenda
- An offering of libation and sacrifices accompanies communication with the deceased at the gravesite.
- As in India, pilgrimages are for rich and poor, whoever is willing to make offerings and sacrifice.
- Sacrifices and offerings are made to it and to the graves of male ancestors.
- Observing the flames of ritual fire offerings is also a form of divination.
- Kumar notes that the Yajur Veda describes the preparation of rice cakes as a ritual offering.
- Spices were used as incense for the sacrificial offerings, which in our time is represented by Tefillah, prayer.
- They are also attracted by the religious offerings of the Hindus in temples and try to emulate them.
- Their demeanour indicated that they had not come to honour Manat or to leave a token offering.
- Along with animal sacrifices, and offerings from other crops, libations of wine were poured out to the gods by Italians and Greeks.
- Those rituals involved animal sacrifice and blood offerings to Mother Earth.
- The festival lasts ten days, with numerous rituals and offerings to the gods.
- The figures were also created as ritual offerings to the gods during weddings and festivals.
- Farmers present offerings and gifts to the deities for a successful harvest season and pray for bumper crops in the next.
- The villagers support their monks with food, gifts, and offerings to Buddha.
- The Celts built bonfires and fired animals as sacrificial offerings to their death god.
- In the morning, families prepare food and offerings to be presented to the monks the next day, New Years Day.
- The psalmist had adapted this picture to refer to the spiritual offerings of prayer, praise and proclamation.
- They give donations to the sadhus - regarded as offerings to the gods - and get their blessing in return.
- On the day they burn special ‘money’ as an offering to the deceased.
- Often, they leave behind fresh fruit and flowers, and some even burn paper money and other offerings to the souls of their ancestors.
2(donation)ofrenda femininedonativo masculine
- In the first part, we are invited to make our offering of money for the work of the church.
- It appears that removing cash from offerings and church fund-raisers by a pastor was a technique-of-choice in both of these cases.
- On Il'ia's day, in many parts of Russia, propitiatory offerings were brought to church.
- In the old days, servants would be given time-off and worshippers would present offerings to their Mother Church.
- The organizers must foot that bill with their churches' tithes and offerings.
- At the same time bible-based cults may ridicule churches that take up free-will offerings by passing collection plates and/or sell literature and tapes.
- Depositing intact means not allowing cash in the offering to be used for the payment of church expenses or to be exchanged for other cash or a check.
- Stewardship is more than making offerings at church.
- The church takes offerings, but it doesn't offer much guidance on where the money goes after it hits the collection plate.
- The priests would not accept Roman money for offerings, and the money exchangers gave rates at their own whim.
- We were giving out allowances and we always give it to them in change, so they can take their offering to church.
- It is indicated in the fact only about 25% of Christian tithe and give thanksgiving offerings to God.
- It exploits the good intentions and generosity of Church members whose Sunday offerings are used in this selfish and disproportionate way.
- Anything that is given to the church was a freewill offering - ranging from 0% upwards.
- If you are a church member, how do you know that your tithes and offerings are being used wisely?
- Some can charge admission for an event, even in church, while others rely on freewill offerings only and trust in the Lord's blessing.
- Conflict shows itself in the spouse who resents increasing the tithe the family makes to the church or becomes upset when asked to make a special offering.
- Representatives of the congregation bring the people's offerings of bread and wine, and money or other gifts, to the deacon or celebrant.
- The special mass was enhanced by a performance by a choir of over 30 present pupils, while a number of past pupils offered gifts, prayers and offerings.
- Cost for the dinner is a free-will offering along with the donation of one canned food item.
3(creation, product)creación femininethis year's offerings from the Paris designers — las creaciones que nos ofrecen este año los diseñadores de París
- The range has been enlarged to increase commercial customer product offerings, increase unit sales and raise profitability.
- I managed to take in some of the wonderful entertainment offerings in the cosmopolitan city!
- Once broadband customers are on board, the company plans to sell them a host of offerings, from entertainment downloads to its online personals.
- These new mobile entertainment offerings are based on the consumers' desire to take the TV out of the living room and enjoy it on the go.
- Detailed information about its fleet, in flight dining and entertainment, and duty-free offerings are available on the website.
- During his tenure, he has started and commercialized several product offerings.
- Creative has added music production to its range of sound card offerings.
- Product offerings ranged from stocking rustic wood samples to manufacturing 23-karat ornate gold frames.
- Allow insurers to expand their product offerings to include group insurance, health and pension plans.
- They must be quick to bring new and differentiated product offerings to market.
- The commercial offerings are very impressive, but tend to have a price tag to match.
- The gift shop's offerings bear silent witness to a half century of American scientific discovery.
- On the first day of the offering there was negligible subscription from the market.
- Even if gift items are not a part of the usual shop offerings, framers should consider adding some now.
- Other commercial galleries in Wynwood are presenting a range of offerings.
- Well, it's a Paramount disc, and all the things that usually come with the studio's offerings are present here.
- ‘Low carb has made a major impact on our present and future offerings,’ she says.
- And for those of us jaded by too many over-packaged seasonal movie offerings, he's a Christmas gift that just keeps on giving.
- Inside, customers are presented with an eclectic offering of well designed, objects ranging from bars of soap to sofas and beds.
- The laugh a minute guys present this weeks tedious offerings of up to date music listened to by the nation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!