The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1a menudooft-quoted/oft-repeated — muy citado/repetido
- Those jokes will certainly be oft repeated during the course of the current federal election campaign.
- She questioned the Government's oft repeated announcements of winning the hearts and minds of people.
- This very familiar and oft repeated saying takes its origin from a circumstance which occurred many years ago in Carlisle.
- There is another more serious allegation, oft repeated, that I'd like to lay to rest.
- Similarly, the great bugbear ‘neo-liberalism’ was oft decried but never defined.
- He even won one at Blackburn, a fact oft forgotten.
- It was a touchstone for unity in an oft fractured region.
- The textile industry, oft hailed as a saviour to poor countries with abundant cheap labour, hasn't boomed as expected.
- The oft heard phrase in football is that defense wins games.
- In this book review he discusses symbiosis in evolution, an oft neglected part of the whole evolutionary story.
- As is oft said, we are indeed a fortunate lot to live in a city that has such good radio stations.
- I don't suppose even the full concert version, let alone the vigil will be oft performed, which is a shame.
- The other oft trotted-out truism is that the yard supports far more people than just the shipbuilders.
- Did she consider this a chance to tell her personal side of an oft - reported story?
- Despite the oft disparaging remarks about wives, we are of course a lovely bunch.
- Finally, regardless of who ultimately holds the keys to scientific knowledge, what happens to nature, the oft purported object of science?
- This week of the opening of the baseball season is an appropriate time to recall an incident that has oft been mistold in the retelling.
- Yet the course of true love oft runs at the side to father's hate.
- How oft when men are at the point of death have they been merry!
- I don't sleep very heavily and my creative moments oft come in the latest of hours, so naturally night is my time in the summer.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!