The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of omitir
transitive verb omitting, omitted, omitted
1(leave out)(reference/name/details) omitir(reference/name/details) suprimir(reference/name/details) (accidentally) olvidar incluir
- They carefully omitted to mention percentages in their criticism because this was lower than those they imposed.
- Whoever wrote the menu had omitted to mention that the dish came with a spaghetti infused with large dollops of anchovies.
- She omitted to mention that the race was the first of this year's super bike grand prix held at different venues all over the world.
- He omitted to mention multiple sclerosis and unspecified brain damage.
- Either way, he omitted to mention that he had snapped from the back of the set the post that connects to the cable box.
- She omitted to mention that my son from my previous marriage now lives with me.
- I omitted to mention the great soundtrack albums we could have for all of these films.
- He omits to mention, however, that education is the one section of the U.S. economy that his Leftist co-religionists dominate.
- Similarly he omits to mention that the service standards that might be expected from each level of taxation were actually published by the council in early December.
- He omits to mention that what was called Socialism in Mussolini's day was what we would now call Communism.
- His profile in the company's annual report omits to mention that he was chairman of National Irish Bank.
- Cohen is happy to accuse the left of covering up crimes, but oddly omits to mention this salient bit of history.
- Unlike the Tory spy at the Lib Dems, who was evicted after passing himself off as an activist, omitting to mention that his activities were on behalf of the Conservatives.
- He omitted to mention gatekeepers, (which according to him was a vital point).
- In the above, semi-comic account, Dickens omits to mention his own heroic conduct in aiding the injured and dying.
- This is actually unsurprising, given the population, and he omits to mention that pre-railway London was already ringed by courses.
- Whilst technically correct it omits to mention how he obtained the degree.
- Of course they omit to mention that their slice of the pot, i.e. trading commissions, will be higher as a result.
- Entitled Lest We Forget, the book omits to mention how the ruination came about in the first place.
- Cases with missing data for any covariate were omitted from the regression analysis.
- When any one of these components was omitted from the reaction, licensing dropped to background levels.
- Good, experienced players were omitted from the World Cup squad and the new boys didn't deliver.
- The marriage is omitted from his otherwise copious Who's Who entry.
- In the 1970s, the location was omitted from the park territory and turned into a village.
- On checking we found that the invitation and number were inadvertently omitted from the report.
- Many of my favorite parts of the book were omitted from the movie.
- This story was omitted from last week's paper due to a technical error.
- Mary's name was omitted from the list of officers reported in this column some weeks ago.
- Given such a barrage of facts, maybe I can understand why the city is omitted from many European tours.
- Two years later she was omitted from the European squad that relinquished the trophy in Minnesota.
- A number of items were omitted from the piece last week and we hereby include them below.
- The finding was omitted from the version of the survey supplied to MPs by the government.
- As such, although these points are presented in Fig.7, the data were omitted from analysis of covariance.
- Two surveys were omitted from the sample, as they contained unanswered questions.
- To ease presentation of results, the correlat ional paths are omitted from the figure.
- Individuals who reported that they were students were omitted from these analyses.
- Such bias arises when non-significant or negative outcome data are selectively omitted from publication.
- Ten loci were omitted from this map for similar reasons as the tetraploid map.
- Patients with evidence of alcohol abuse or viral hepatitis were omitted from the study.
2 formal(fail)to omit to + inf formal — omitir + inf
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!