The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1aparentementeen aparienciashe came ostensibly to help — vino con el pretexto de ayudar
- The report was ostensibly to be a reply to a questionnaire sent by the League.
- His aim, ostensibly, was to bring liberty and equality to the oppressed peoples of that continent.
- She sits in on my interview with Dempsey, ostensibly because he is new to the spotlight and still nervous about talking to the press.
- And he's currently watching The Saint DVDs, although they were ostensibly for me.
- While this treatment of the story seems ostensibly simple, it's anything but.
- It serves fish fingers, ostensibly for the kids, though I'd guess a few adult portions have also been dished out.
- But Barnes has produced a bleak and profound meditation on love and loss from an ostensibly banal premise.
- The happenstance of the love for the tree house, ostensibly built for the children, might well have been your undoing.
- So, ostensibly, the Chancellor should worry - but appearances may be deceptive.
- The main thrust of the whole stakeholder exercise was ostensibly to make low-cost pensions available to all.
- It was ostensibly naughty, but I like to think I had quite noble motives.
- Children were separated from adults ostensibly to give children more freedom.
- They were then flown to Japan, ostensibly because he needed emergency medical care for an abdominal problem.
- Amorth presents his ostensibly absurd stories convincingly, with charm and plenty of natural levity.
- I rarely read sci-fi books - ostensibly because I find it hard to relate to the characters and story.
- While dressed in white, Sarah is ostensibly a chaste housewife, in red she becomes the lustful Dolores.
- Like that lady, Health Canada wants us to quit smoking ostensibly for health purposes.
- All pubs in Limerick city and county may ostensibly be obeying to the smoking ban.
- Late in the day, Martyn the Builder came along ostensibly to check on the roof covering.
- Naked commercialism was evident in even the most ostensibly charitable aspects of the operation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!