The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
verbo intransitivo overslept, overslept
1quedarse dormidosorry I'm late, I overslept — perdón por llegar tarde, me quedé dormido / no me desperté a tiempo
- Except, perhaps, if only I'd slid my alarm fully to its ‘ON’ position, I might not have overslept, missed my train, the match, and what was by all accounts an exuberant weekend in Cardiff.
- He says his favorite hobby is sleeping - and has been since his days at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, where his baseball coach routinely made him clean the toilets whenever he overslept and was late for practice.
- Normally, this would be great, but considering it was 7.30 am, (yes, overslept again), I was a bit confused as I was expecting the Today Programme.
- Now, I've overslept - after waking up at 2 a.m. and seriously considering getting up for the day - and I'm all sore.
- When she finally got through, her relief was inflected with incredulity: for the first time, her usually diligent daughter had overslept, and missed the bus.
- Having overslept, leaving me with just 10 minutes to iron a shirt, have a shower and get dressed, I was forced to skip my usual breakfast of cornflakes, a banana and a glass of orange juice.
- I'm late for work as I overslept after returning from my sensual experience at the Thai restaurant quite late last night… details later.
- Frustration over Athens' transport system grew among media and Olympic officials today after some bus drivers overslept and others became lost on new roads.
- But we have ALL overslept for work at some point.
- I actually overslept and missed most of the first half.
- Saturday I overslept, and then was informed that due to my lateness in getting home that night, I had to shovel the driveway.
- Finally, one by one I found all five of them, each of whom had some weird and random reason not to be there, including one who overslept.
- If he had overslept or if somebody else had done this or that, then it wouldn't have happened the way
- This morning, I overslept because I was having a dream about oversleeping.
- I curse myself for oversleeping through the 1999 eclipse.
- There's nothing like walking in company for making friends of strangers, and there was plenty of leg-pulling about oversleeping and its relationship to good red wine when we boarded the coach next morning.
- I woke up without oversleeping, and got into work with no rush AND having enough time to walk to the farther stop to catch the bus in.
- Typically sufferers become low and lethargic, tend to overeat and oversleep, gain weight, and sometimes work and relationships suffer as a result of low confidence and self-esteem.
- Try and get an early night so I don't oversleep tomorrow.
- If I don't get that much, I tend to oversleep until I've had the 4 hours, no matter how many alarms I have set.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!