The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of palatinado
- For centuries it was a palatinate under the jurisdiction of the bishop.
- The county was made palatinate under the Earl of Chester, a title that now belongs to the Prince of Wales.
- A rival duchy, the House of Bavaria, schemes to use him against the House of Baden to gain possession of the treasured ‘Baden palatinate.’
- Maryland was by its charter erected into a palatinate after the model of the palatinate of Durham in England.
- Officially it had been referred to as a palatinate from the fifteenth century, because of its special role as the inherited land and patrimony of the Grand Duke.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!