The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of archipámpano
- The jobs of chairman and director-general are usually bestowed upon people of epic self-importance, panjandrums who consider themselves to be famous and have indeed achieved much greatness in their respective spheres.
- Now get this straight, this is a man who has over the decades put himself forward as the adjudicator of honest, straight news reporting (the profession's panjandrums I've noticed over the years love to shower him with awards).
- After the 2000 election, the panjandrums of the centrist Democratic Leadership Council ascribed Vice President Al Gore's failure to win the presidency to his ‘business-bashing populism.’
- Lou Gerstner, high panjandrum at IBM, has been awarded an honorary knighthood in the Queen's latest birthday honours list.
- Arledge, the late ABC sports panjandrum, set the tone of covering the Olympics.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!