The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de parásito
1Botánica Zoologíaparásito masculino
- These genes are essentially immune system genes and defend the host organism from parasites.
- After all, more than half the species on Earth are parasites, and most organisms are host to a number of them.
- Some water molds are parasites on other organisms; they may grow on the scales or eggs of fish, or on amphibians.
- Other typically much larger organisms, including parasites such as lice, worms and scabies can also spread from person to person.
- There are many species of parasites and disease organisms that infect dogs.
- Host radiation allows a parasite to expand its ecological niche by adapting to one or more novel hosts.
- Selection has been intense as the parasites are host specific and the drugs are very widely used.
- The relationship between host and parasite is not a simple one, and just as the parasite affects the host, so the host affects the parasite.
- Another hallmark of parasites is that hosts often evolve defenses against them.
- Detrimental effects on hosts can occur at several stages of the parasite's life cycle.
- If hosts and parasites are coevolving, this can drive the rapid divergence of amino acid sequences.
- All parental hosts of heterospecific brood parasites must pay the cost of rearing non-kin.
- The most sophisticated defense system used by hosts against parasites is the immune system.
- Good places for reliable encounters are where small fish act as barbers to their hosts, cleaning away parasites from their skin.
- Another constraint on ejection is the close resemblance of eggs of hosts and parasites.
- An implicit requirement is that parasites and their hosts match up to some degree.
- Only the latter could be accepted as evidence of coevolution between the parasite and a particular host.
- By contrast, infection will tend to limit nitrate accumulation in the host roots as a result of nitrate transfer from host roots to the parasite.
- We consider three rejection scenarios by a host of a nonevicting parasite.
- Because host nestlings remain in the nest, the parasite must compete with host nestlings for food.
- MPs, councillors and all their cronies are nothing more than scroungers, spongers, parasites.
- They are literary parasites, the enemies of creativity and imagination.
- They are all a pack of bludgers and parasites who pay no taxes but spend ours.
- It was in essence a parasite leeching on to Western decadence and lack of will.
- They were like parasites, leeching on to him, just wanting him to do this or that, or to torture him.
- I've repented my sins to Sepp and he has led me away from the bloodsuckers and parasites that threatened to dissolve my soul.
- All workers were oppressed, all middle class people parasites.
- And that's what it will come to, for the council workers and other public sector parasites.
- Every governmental attempt to ameliorate poverty seems to attract its own breed of parasite and leech.
- In the unionists' imagination, the rich are social parasites living lives of leisure on inherited wealth.
- These neocon pseudofascists are like a parasite using the host Republican party to attain their ends.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!