Learn More About Spanish Culture
- They have a perfect blend of humour, poignancy, pathos and a social message.
- Here at last we have all the drama, tragedy, pathos and humour those courtroom appearances produced.
- Filled with pathos and grandeur, they demand to be seen in the flesh.
- He combines the right amount of pathos, surrealism and humour to make the script work.
- The blend of pathos and grandeur in the image might even be said to do justice to its subject.
- At the very least, he needs to have some pathos to show one or two human qualities.
- But these moments of pathos are redundant in what is probably the most breathlessly exuberant movie yet made.
- They present a perfect blend of pathos, wonder, derision, fear, disgust and fury.
- The novel begins as a rather classical tale of pathos and becomes an inquiry into storytelling itself.
- This play strikes a balance between comedy and pathos which rings true of life's mixed blessings.
- The play itself had some great lines of wit but also lines of great pathos.
- The pathos of the scene against the background of Christmas cheer gives the film an unusual power.
- It is astonishing that so much pathos can be wrung from the fate of a toy.
- The poise and pathos of the music remains the same, but its as if it's passed into another language.
- He gives humanity and pathos to a character that a lesser actor might turn into a complete buffoon.
- He has a genius for creating emotional drama that is devoid of pathos.
- These were comedians whose work was steeped in social commentary and rich with pathos.
- The pathos in the play struck the small group, which watched it with rapt attention.
- His eventual realisation that his life has been a series of failures is a rare moment of genuine pathos.
- It had laughs and characters, and moments of what could almost be called pathos.