The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(perhaps) tal vez(by chance) por ventura literarioyou don't perchance have five pounds, do you? — ¿no tendrás por un casual cinco libras? coloquial
- I must put away this lovely diary posthaste, lest someone perchance read it and learn of my secret identity!
- Anyway, I wish you a great life Scarlet and perchance we shall meet again.
- Or maybe, perchance, every human born unto this world is in possession of a soul.
- Could it perchance be that we aren't producing the right stuff, because we don't have enough of a rugby culture, because an embarrassingly small number of new recruits has been attracted by successive ‘strategies’ laid out by the blazers?
- Through the years the myth has arisen that New Yorkers are the most sophisticated of sports fans, ready to cheer what they consider a great performance even if, perchance, it is recorded by someone who plays for a team in another city.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!