The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1pronombre personal masculino
- Correct discourse in the US now demands that the gender of non-specific personal pronouns should alternate.
- Using the feminine personal pronoun as an indefinite article is as moronic as using the masculine personal pronoun for personification.
- The manuscript should resemble an extemporaneous speech with short, relatively simple sentences and paragraphs, personal pronouns and occasional colloquialisms.
- It's a personal pronoun used with the verb ‘to be’.
- And there is an irritating mannerism, in which he uses the feminine personal pronoun in place of the indefinite pronoun, that gradually wore on my nerves.
- One reason historical linguists are skeptical of this claim is that it's so easy to find languages in which personal pronouns have undergone a lot of change.
- First of all, it leads to the notion that you cannot express yourself directly and spontaneously and sincerely with the use of the personal pronoun.
- This formality is in part caused by the Czech language, which has two forms of the second-person personal pronoun.
- There are ten personal pronouns people use to address one another.
- If you'll excuse me, isn't the singular personal pronoun a more useful device in that sentence?
- More importantly, she altered the impersonal tone of Chinese verse, inundating her translations with personal pronouns.
- The verb form accompanying this personal pronoun is different from its equivalent in standard Spanish.
- There are so many personal pronouns, each one denoting an exact relationship between speaker and subject, that even the most brilliant student cannot master them all.
- Even in his e-mail, personal pronouns relating to Serena are capitalized, while those relating to Peter himself are always in lower case.
- The play on personal pronouns throughout re-emphasizes both the fluidity of separate selves and the elusiveness of communion.
- He makes use of three different personal pronouns - I, you, and he - to indicate a single person.
- Such use of personal pronouns lends the installations a strange potency.
- In the best poems, the personal pronoun is invoked unapologetically and effectively.
- Unfortunately, English has no sexless personal pronoun, so the default of masculine is chosen.
- The next step was to proscribe my use of the personal pronoun in the same way.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!