The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(belong to)to pertain to sth — pertenecer a algo
- The adjective ‘gastric’ applies to all things pertaining to the stomach.
- To steal anything pertaining to this story would be plagarism and illegal, so please, don't.
- While the individuals pertaining to those groups may argue that they feel they are viable blood donors, why take the risk?
2(have to do with)to pertain to sth — concernir a algo
- In the public perception, all matters pertaining to health are the responsibility of the appropriate Ministry, or perhaps it should be so.
- Similarly, on its return route, the bus should bear the related PIN pertaining to its destination.
- The university relations officer works to represent students on all matters pertaining to governance of the university.
- He also troubleshoots matters pertaining to industrial unrest.
- They are particularly ignorant, I found, when it comes to matters pertaining to the military.
- Apparently, the residents held a meeting the other day in the building to discuss matters pertaining to the same.
- Cross-examination need not be confined to the matters pertaining to the charges.
- In the past, it was unheard of to discuss fiscal matters pertaining to security wings.
- I have received a number of related questions pertaining to this issue, so I will do my best to explain.
- The standing committees are basically two groups of members consulting on various matters pertaining to the city council.
- My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe.
- In addition, they have consistently been looked to by society for expert advice on matters pertaining to health.
- The party is independent of the state in matters pertaining to the police and youth, but everywhere else the state stands above the party.
- As with any association, certain matters pertaining to codes of conduct and standards need to be addressed.
- Though for some, the matters pertaining to the most recent mandate were yet to be concluded.
- We will be familiar with matters brought before council and will read all material pertaining to them.
- But will it be possible to cover all aspects pertaining to management in such a short time?
- To determine whether a right of way exists in the first place is an inherently different issue from matters pertaining to its usage.
- This one could be considered with all seriousness, as it pertains to all important health matters.
- He is a learned man in most matters that pertain to art.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!