The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of fariseo
- He asked the Jewish leaders, the Pharisees and Sadducees, to repent from their evil ways.
- He had to make allies with the Pharisees, the Jewish high priests of the temple, because he needed some help in governing.
- As to the framework of his history, Jesus and Judaism are inseparably entwined; he appears closer to the Pharisees than to other Jewish groups in the first century.
- Saul was a devout Jew, a Pharisee, a teacher of the law, a member of the Sanhedrin, a believer in the Jehovah of Israel and looked for the coming Messiah.
- Nicodemus, mentioned only in the Gospel of John, was a Pharisee and probably a member of the Sanhedrin, the highest governing body.
2(hypocritical person)fariseo masculinefarisea feminine
- Though the hypocrites and Pharisees that run the Republican party will have a hard time understanding this, Jesus would have understood it immediately.
- The hypocrites and Pharisees of the Republican Party are exactly the sorts of people Jesus warned us against.
- The Pharisees and hypocrites in the British press should repent their calumnies.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!