The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of frenología
- He finds himself drawn on a journey involving phrenology, the dodgy science of determining mental prowess from bumps on the head, involving a machine called a psychograph.
- As the prototype for a normalizing physical anthropology, however, phrenology, with its value-laden stereotyping psycho-techniques, introduced new ethical problems.
- In Bentham's day, the cutting edge of brain science was phrenology - the idea that you could read someone's character by feeling the contours of his or her skull.
- At this point, many no longer considered phrenology a legitimate science, and America was now looking to the most recent European import, the emerging field of psychoanalysis, to explain human behavior.
- Once a lively ‘science’, phrenology disappeared because what it proposed was incorrect and hence irrelevant.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!