Learn More About Spanish Culture
- Five pistils were dissected from flowers and the stigmas and styles were mounted on aluminium stubs using carbon paste.
- Most of the flowers have a pistil longer than the anthers.
- In addition, there was a negative correlation between the number of stamens and the number of pistils within female flowers.
- The pistil and the stamen of the flowers are the specialized organs responsible for the reproductive processes.
- Silks and glumes were removed from the pistils for separate analyses.