The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(square)plaza feminine(in front of large building) explanada feminine
- The Learning Corridor includes five separate buildings, large public plazas and green spaces, and a parking garage.
- We have some lovely plazas, squares, public markets, and parks.
- A plaza joins a public esplanade which is planned to eventually connect all of Tacoma's waterfront.
- Village, town, and city streets, plazas, and open spaces are common property and subject to regulation by civic authority.
- It is therefore reasonable that Jesus' strategy combined activities in plazas or open areas with those in houses.
- Many new schools are incorporating secure outdoor play areas, courtyards and plazas, enabling students to go outside to eat, socialize and study in an easily supervised setting.
- The westernmost of these smaller spaces is a transport plaza, the central space is a civic plaza and the eastern space, towards the historic residential zone, is a neighbourhood park.
- Next morning, on arriving at the corner of Church and Vesey Streets, I saw three pieces of equipment removing the sidewalk from the plaza area near the staircase.
- The rest of the site is taken up by an administrative building for the symphony and a public plaza, covered with local dark-gray stone, with parking below.
- Parked cars and billboards have further eroded the plaza's space.
- The new rules cover exterior lighting for parking areas, walkways, plazas, building entries, canopies, façade lighting and outdoor sales areas.
- The ordinance also granted property owners an increase in the total floor area otherwise allowed in exchange for providing public plazas or arcades.
- The demolition is paving the way for what developers call an ‘urban village’ of office, retail, and residential space along with park and plaza areas for the public.
- On the building's south side he crafted cascading, landscaped plazas and gathering spaces of different shapes and sizes that should encourage full use.
- This is hardly a new idea; plazas have always been public stages.
- Small groups of flexible work areas surround the plaza.
- The recent external works have upgraded Bowen Street from a service street into a public plaza.
- Spend a couple of days soaking up its 15th and 18th century buildings, modern skyscrapers and its pretty squares, parks and plazas.
- Development of an urban center and plaza - a public open space with an academic building and retail stores - required 10 different funding sources.
2US(complex)centro comercial masculine
- At malls and huge shopping plazas, you get pushed and jostled.
- It's more of a small indoor shopping plaza with retail stores and the like.
- I finally caught up with him inside a store in one of the shopping plazas.
- Remake them as outdoor shopping plazas, reminiscent of the town centers they replaced.
- A mall, of course, is not that far removed from a shopping plaza.
- Just right for walking back to my car way down the road in the shopping plaza where we left it.
- In a bid to make the most of the evening I stormed the shopping plaza right across the hotel.
- Customers vouch for the convenience of shopping in a plaza without the hassle of elbowing through a crowded market.
- Sometimes it takes a new store or shopping plaza to wake a small business owner.
- In designing our modern conveniences - groceries, retail, strip plazas, motels, banks - traffic planners assume that people will not walk more than 300 ft.
- People are waiting in long lines even at shopping plazas since news of a shortage of vaccine surfaced last month.
- Grant plays the affable front man for his family, who build condos and shopping plazas for a ridiculous profit.
- Housed in upmarket shopping plazas, a string of outlets has come up at several locations.
- Paddy fields and orchards have given way to shopping plazas and industrial buildings.
- Shopping plazas have sprung up in every imaginable location of this sleepy town.
- He expects to develop the retail plaza but most likely would sell the hotel and apartment property to developers.
- I am now going to tell you a story from a popular shopping plaza in South Pattaya.
- Built just eight years ago, its bright blue, green, and white facade still glows from a hillside overlooking a bustling shopping plaza.
- That building burned down, and now there's a rather awful-looking shopping plaza in its place.
- The speaker system played an unobtrusive drumming music that was perfectly suited for the food and a nice change from the normal quiet interspersed with chatter that occurs in most of the plaza restaurants.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!