The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de valiente
adjetivo pluckier, pluckiest
1(person) valiente(person) corajudo(team) con garra coloquial(attempt) valeroso
- It represents Londoners as brave, plucky individuals determined to carry on with their lives come what may.
- But not only has the plucky youngster fought her way back to fitness, she has also excelled herself in the world of sport.
- But the plucky youngster has now made a full recovery and is looking forward to a happy Christmas with her family.
- The plucky youngster had to wait two years after her cancer treatment was complete before the operation could be carried out.
- The plucky youngster managed to kick his attacker in the kneecap before getting free and running home.
- The plucky pastor finally found the courage to tackle the hissing intruder.
- Of the rest, Belgium was unlucky, despite giving a plucky performance in every game.
- Anyway, full marks for a plucky young lady, who braved this despite the fact that the water was very cold.
- The plucky farmer is understood to have startled the thief who eventually broke free and made his escape to a waiting car.
- The plucky teenager managed to attend yesterday's ceremony despite being rushed into hospital earlier this week.
- But seconds later the plucky rider had regained her composure and remounted her animal.
- But the plucky pensioner fought back, trying to push his attacker back outside his front door.
- But the plucky terrier survived - and emerged as the proud mother of two healthy pups.
- It's not ideal but then it's a plucky, little club which thrives on the unexpected.
- A plucky pensioner told today how he was battered in the face by an armed robber as he bravely prevented a post office raid.
- Being both a princess and plucky, she not only survived all this but grew up to become a great and resplendent Queen.
- Now staff at the surgery where she is being treated are trying to find a good home for the plucky pet who has already won their hearts.
- A plucky woman kept a tight grip on her handbag during a tussle with a would-be robber.
- A plucky teenager successfully sued her own dad to force him to provide for her university education.
- Two plucky pensioners fought off a burglar who forced his way into their home.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!