The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de pluralista
1Lingüística(noun/verb) en pluralplural form — plural
- The first and second words could be either plural nouns or singular-inflected verbs.
- The first person plural possessive pronoun ‘our’ is occasionally used in lieu of an article in order to denote a certain universality.
- I've corrected this post to reflect that ‘Sims’ is plural.
- Conversely, Russian has a complex plural system in which the morphological markers for sets of two, three, and four differ from those for five through ten.
- Lice is the plural form of louse.
- Kant's use of the first person plural is a device of a very special character.
2Política Sociología(society/economy) pluralista
- The countrymen prefer a diverse and plural India.
- The many migrations since the war have set Britain on the path to becoming a plural and diverse society.
- In a country as diverse and plural as India, a wide range of demands are always going to arise that will have to be recognised, accommodated, and to some extent satisfied, if the polity is to survive.
- But the concept that there is a person around whom we could all unite, who could articulate a vision to which we would all be willing to sign up flies in the face of any understanding of Australia as a plural, diverse democracy.
- Human diversities are widely plural and their histories complex.
- The pressing need of our age is to found a public sphere that would cherish subjectivity, where plural experiences of cultures would correspond to diverse inner lives.
1plural masculinoin the plural — en plural
- Likewise, the King regularly calls the disputants, his subjects, thou in the singular and you in the plural.
- In the plural, they can refer to members of the person's family.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!