The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1paparruchas feminine informaltonterías feminine(as exclamation) ¡paparruchas!
- ‘It was all absolute nonsense, complete poppycock,’ said Lennon.
- And all this talk of it being a man's world is pure balderdash, poppycock and gibberish.
- It should have been called nonsense and poppycock, but it was tempting to believe it as prices just kept rocketing.
- I've got to say that it's absolute balderdash and poppycock.
- So although that doctrine sounds wonderful, it is a lot of poppycock and codswallop to say that we should all be tolerant of everybody and should not have any standards.
- He said: ‘I say poppycock to claims this county is safe.’
- And to suggest that Ireland, as a sovereign Republic, should not be entitled to lay down certain conditions for citizenship on the grounds that this might somehow be racist or unjustly discriminatory is pure poppycock.
- What we hear from the provincial government that there is no money is poppycock.
- All this poppycock about not having educated workforces, all this stuff about, well, you're crying protectionism, you're China-bashing.
- ‘It's absolute poppycock (that we demanded money from them),’ she said.
- To address all of this, I should start by saying from the offset that I view ‘summer reading’ as a load of poppycock.
- Which, of course, is pure poppycock, but perhaps inevitable.
- Therefore, when Dr Yates argues that children should start counting from zero, we know that he is attempting to popularize poppycock.
- This, of course, is poppycock, and Marx knew that full well.
- It's a load of poppycock we hear talked about us, but it's a great motivational tool.
- There are reports of dioxins and suchlike but that's poppycock.
- Currently many people care to have discussions as if they have something to say but there is no sound when they move their lips, just a bunch of poppycock.
- To a narrow-minded military man like Darling, talk of rights was poppycock.
- While it is easier to cast these rumours aside as poppycock, some of them are definitely worth paying attention to.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!