The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1frente popular masculinothe Popular Front — el Frente Popular
- Dos Passos was part of the anti-Stalinist left with James T Farrell against an American popular front of Communist, populist and celebrity liberal writers.
- Such a role was played by the popular front movements in France and Spain in the 1930s, as well as in the Chile of Salvador Allende.
- When he got together with other photographers they discussed fascism, communism, the popular front and Mussolini's attack on Ethiopia.
- Since the mid-30s, Stalinist organisations have continually joined so-called popular front alliances with bourgeois parties and within this framework supported bourgeois armies.
- During the period in which they became politically active, however, the Communist Party of the USA adopted the popular front line developed by the Stalinist bureaucracy in Moscow.
- Tragically, it took the victory of National Socialism for the popular front which he proposed to come into existence.
- They say the coalition is a popular front rather than a united front and invoke Trotsky to tell us we are wrong.
- After the defeat of the Fascist occupation forces he came to head a popular front government, which he used to entrench Communist Party power and establish a one-party state.
- The new popular front politics he advocated reflected that search for an alliance with social democracy; the fact that it was the complete reverse of what he had been arguing just four years earlier seemed of little consequence.
- More significantly it reflects the influence of the popular front politics and national outlook of Stalinism.
- The point about the popular front was that it involved an alliance with the political representatives of sections of French, Spanish and British capital.
- Our first victory was the election of the left wing popular front government in 1936.
- It was agreed that a popular front government should be installed incorporating three members of an imperialist-backed exile regime in London.
- In line with the popular front policy dictated by the Kremlin, the US Stalinists supported an alliance with Roosevelt.
- However, he came into conflict with the proposals to install a popular front government in Yugoslavia as part of the redivision of the world agreed between Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin in 1944.
- The fault of the popular front was that it subordinated the radical forces to the political priorities of the most conservative forces in the alliance.
- Dignity and prosperity arrive at his factory, which is now run by a workers' co-operative (mirroring the notion of the popular front, they are aided by a benign member of the upper class).
- By contrast, antifascism did make for a left politics at home-compromised by the opportunism and kitschiness of the popular front, but productive nonetheless.
- The ethnic division of Iraq remains as pervasive as it always has, and the notion that there is a kind of a popular front representing all the Iraq people, I think is quite fallacious.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!