The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- She said people had been parking their cars up by the postbox to post their mail and blocking the access of adjacent properties.
- The Royal Mail has reduced collections without providing bigger postboxes to accommodate the volume of letters.
- They are asking the county council to make the lane a safe walking route to and from High Grantley, where the bus stop, school, playgroup, recreation ground, village hall, postbox and public house are all located.
- And judging by the full postboxes of letters already dotted around the hall, public feeling is as strong as ever.
- I walked out of the house to post a letter - the postbox is less than 100 yards away - and left the door open.
- The Post Office also agreed to install a postbox in the Seaview area, and street lighting around Seaview has also been upgraded.
- Live fireworks have been thrown into phone boxes, postboxes and even into a residential letterbox vandals in the run up to bonfire night
- The first results were not declared until gone midnight, with sackloads of extra votes arriving after a last-minute sweep of postboxes by the Royal Mail.
- A problem with some of the older postboxes is that they cannot take the volume of post that needs to go in them, especially in some urban areas.
- The postbox was designed specifically so that its slot was only 5mm wide, and therefore it could only take ordinary sized enveloped.
- There, he dropped the package into one of the postboxes and grinned with satisfaction when he imagined a confused postman finding it.
- These mis-delivered letters are put back into the postbox, with an arrow indicating the correct place, and I can only hope that the post office does not add insult to injury by trying to collect excess postage.
- Letters in hand, I wandered off up to the postbox.
- I've been carrying a letter round for two weeks, looking for a postbox.
- A spokesman for the Royal Mail said the box had been moved so that a larger postbox could be installed.
- The unofficial walkouts crippled large parts of London and hit other areas of the country, forcing managers to empty postboxes.
- A postbox containing voting slips was set alight.
- Often, delivery errors are corrected by residents, who put the mail through the right door or drop it back into a postbox.
- There's something satisfying about putting that wodge of envelopes in the postbox on the way to work.
- It happened again the next morning as I nipped down to the postbox at the corner of my road.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!