The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de entrega
1.1(of gift, prize)entrega femeninoeveryone is invited to the presentation — todos están invitados a la (ceremonia de) entrega de premios (or medallas etc.)
- The trust held its annual Community Awards presentation when certificates and trophies were awarded by the Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire, John Bush, to a host of nominees.
- This can be dealt with by having two stages, one specifically for performances and the other for award presentation and master of ceremonies.
- The announcement was made on Wednesday at the Grand Stand on Queen's Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain, during the formal presentation of awards.
- The evening will include a formal dinner, awards presentation and dancing with The Marble City Showband.
- The ladies of the committee prepared tea and refreshments following the speeches and presentations for all those who attended.
- With the speeches and presentations out of the way it was on with the dancing.
- All of his last day was given over to a farewell party with a buffet lunch, presentations and speeches.
- Mrs McEvoy, 46, and her son had no idea that the presentation would take place - they thought that they were going on a holiday to meet up with their friends for the first time.
- He also made a presentation of a piece of Waterford Crystal to John.
- On the conclusion of the speeches, a special presentation was made to Paddy Holden, who created the plaque.
- A large crowd attended the presentation of prizes and the social evening.
- Last week's presentation of certificates acknowledged the hard work that has been undertaken.
- There was a presentation of the certificates, followed by the trip to Paris.
1.2formal (gift)obsequio masculino formalpresente masculino formal
2.1(of document, bill, proposal)presentación femeninoon presentation of this voucher — presentando / al presentar este vale
(display)presentación femeninodemostración femenino
- Guest lectures, seminars, product presentations and cultural programmes will also be a part of the exhibition.
- They need work that gives them time to do the best possible job, and that doesn't call for them to do presentations of their ideas before large crowds.
- Lunch will be served at 2.45 pm, followed by speeches and presentations.
- The audience was entertained with presentations involving fish tanks, a remote controlled hovercraft, a bed of nails and beach balls.
- The Department of Business Tourism and Culture organized a set of rotating workshops to highlight its marketing plans as well as a presentation of its product development strategy.
- The students were also asked to give a presentation to an audience of teachers, friends, family and councillors on any aspect of space, which particularly interested them.
- The chair of the panel is Professor Jim James who will be giving a presentation explaining how they arrived at the figure of 43 per cent.
- Students then gave a presentation to the audience on what they learned through their enterprise experience.
- Here's a sample presentation that also explains what's so cool about the whole thing.
- The Co-op donated food for the breakfast bash and gave a presentation on Fairtrade products.
- One of the highlights of the evening for the mostly French audience was the short presentation given, in French, by one of the English players.
- This presentation will also explain some of the financial challenges faced by the council and the decisions that must be taken before the budget is finalised next year.
- Word is that the duo wowed the audience with their presentation, answers to the questions and their national dress.
- Powerful and successful presentations or speeches basically come down to the person doing the presenting or speaking.
- His presentations drew large audiences and provoked lively discussion.
- A special presentation in class to explain what makes a single student different, delivered by his own mother… sounds like it could be a very bad thing.
- Recently, in a presentation to a large audience of mostly young researchers at a prestigious university, I outlined the crisis in peer review.
2.3(show, production)producción femenino
3(manner of presenting)presentación femeninopresentation is very important — la presentación es muy importante
- presentation skills — dotes de exposición
- Panza's sensitivity to the villa's historical and natural character may also explain the specific objects he donated and the manner of their presentation.
- Published in 1995, the set is an older release from Reader's Digest but presents an example of a simple style of presentation that will appeal to young beginner bakers.
- After the second talk we joined a class as they settled down to work on their papers, giving them advice on writing style and presentation.
- Obviously, there will be a change in editorial style, presentation and even philosophy, but surely making these changes is the newspaper's prerogative.
- And then there's the goofy style of presentation.
- The detailed depiction of each sub-culture and craft and the style of presentation is so engaging that it does not matter that the big picture in the background is plainly kooky.
- He is able to forge an indigenous style of presentation and writing skill, which has earned him appreciation from prominent personalities in literary circles.
- He has gathered 42 years of culinary experience from across the world, perfecting style and elegance in presentation and superb taste.
- The article was first published in 1903 and is highly representative of that era in style and presentation.
- John is a Spanish and Art teacher with a huge passion for Spain and a keen eye for style and presentation.
- Music challenges every listener by its ever-changing style and presentation, making it daunting for some and utterly impossible for others.
- As with any book of this magnitude and diversity of authorship, there are differences in style, presentation, and depth of literature coverage.
- Since physics depends on coherent argument, this manner of presentation is clearly ill-suited to the books' purpose.
- All the writers I have named above as preeminent leaders in the field have chosen to emphasise the substance of their work over the style of their presentation.
- The risk, originality, and soulful presentation she displayed set the pace for every gymnast who succeeded her.
- I would be grateful to receive from any readers, comments on the range of topics, the contents of the answers and the style and presentation of the material in the book.
- presentation skills — dotes de exposición
(of baby)presentación femenino
- The fetal presentation, position and station are then confirmed.
- The registers we used lacked information on the presentation of the second twin before delivery of the first.
- Posterior presentation is more of a problem for first babies and their mothers than it is for subsequent births; when a mother has given birth before, there is generally much more room for manoeuvre, so it is easier for the baby to rotate during labour.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!