Learn More About Spanish Culture
1suposición femininepresunción feminine
- Discourse ethics has an a priori foundation: the presuppositions of discourse or argument.
- The argument explores, therefore, the presuppositions of this self-consciousness.
- First, often the very questions which challenge the presuppositions of a given problem are those which on their face seem most naïve.
- Kant took himself to be delimiting the a priori presuppositions of experience, and of empirical science.
- If they do, a theoretical diagnosis of the sceptic's presuppositions may encourage second thoughts about how well we understand everything he says.
- Moral philosophy reposes on natural law precepts as common presuppositions, but its advice will be true only in the main.
- Rawls has since tried to eliminate the universalist presuppositions from his theory.
- It's not surprising that critics celebrate novels which reflect their own prejudices and presuppositions.
- We are permitted, defeasibly, to adopt the usual and mutually expected presuppositions of those around us.
- At every turn the novel's implied reader is encouraged to read using a priori expectations, or presuppositions.
- My first argument: that no finite set of presuppositions can account for the practically uncountable number of human perspectives.
- The argument, he claims is sound, given the six presuppositions.
- Moreover, the sceptical argument we have been considering has its own presuppositions, which it claims to know.
- Sense is always presupposed as soon as I begin to speak; I would not be able to begin without this presupposition.
- The Christian idea of humanity is one such presupposition, and in our country, it is the culturally dominant one.
- However, it is by no means necessary to a theory of evolution that it embodies any presupposition of increasing or decreasing complexity.
- This is, therefore, an absolutely necessary need and justifies its presupposition not merely as an allowable hypothesis but as a practical postulate.
- A very widespread but mistaken presupposition is that Revelation contains secret, coded messages, specifying the dates and details of cataclysmic events just around the corner.
- His comment stresses the most important presupposition about the activity of spectators: spectating creates and reinforces our social, political, and even bodily place in the world.
- The analysis that follows from this presupposition identifies three tiers of the world economy: core, periphery, and semiperiphery.
- I have taken that presupposition for granted for forty years.
- And, a third embedded presupposition was that the client could place herself on such a scale.