The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of preponderante
1(wind) preponderante(trend/view) imperante(trend/view) preponderante(uncertainty) reinantein the prevailing economic climate — en el actual clima económico
- By poking holes, lots of holes, in the prevailing theories of today.
- Return might be the hideous height of his prevailing good intentions.
- Rather, the original decision is a more accurate reflection of the attitudes prevailing in senior government circles.
- Critical opinion of his work has undergone the vicissitudes of prevailing tastes in art.
- Among the patrons in theater lobbies each summer, the prevailing accent is (accents are) American.
- Reciprocity has been the prevailing view for most of the nation's history.
- Under the prevailing view, talented people can naturally expect greater income.
- The other prevailing stereotype, that crack-using women are unfit mothers, was in a sense upheld by the women themselves.
- Open source software is often portrayed as a breakthrough in the free and open exchange of intellectual property, without precedent in the prevailing global capitalist mentality.
- Wilson, like Attlee, nailed his colours to the prevailing exchange rate.
- Many of the major advances in the pulmonary circulation were led by mavericks, such as Forssman, Moser, and Petty, who pursued their passion against prevailing opinion.
- In spite of prevailing opinion, the.32 S&amp;amp[.;]W Long is not a toy.
- It is obviously contrary to the prevailing mood throughout the country.
- Despite the three ATRs, there is a prevailing feeling that justice has not been done.
- Certainly, the South's geographical advantages added to a prevailing sense of overconfidence that independence could be achieved easily.
- Her statement encapsulates the prevailing mood of optimism in this sprawling settlement.
- The problem is that the prevailing global sentiment has been against the idea of killing any more whales.
- Now the prevailing opinion is that, with few exceptions, NFL teams are well-stocked at the most critical position on offense.
- The prevailing culture is that you are not allowed to make a judgement.
- The prevailing view was that a survey should be conducted among the youth in the form of a questionnaire to establish what they wanted.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!