The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(forbid)prohibirto prohibit sb from -ing — prohibirle a algn + inffishing in the lake is prohibited — está prohibido / se prohíbe pescar en el lago
- There, for example, the Court held that drug laws can prohibit the use of the narcotic peyote in a religious ceremony.
- Polygynous marriages were not prohibited by colonial law.
- Only business communications are covered unless the policy specifically prohibits private use of e-mail and the internet.
- Canadian law and its regulations do not prohibit off-label use of devices.
- The legislation expressly prohibits having the devices in rooms, according to Asher.
- The club wishes to remind all members that all shooting and hunting is strictly prohibited due to the present circumstances.
- The Convention explicitly prohibits the use of such measures to deter asylum seekers from seeking to enter a country.
- The bill also prohibits outright a number of activities that are deemed to be unacceptable in this country.
- What the regulations do is prohibit the importation of guns.
- The first order says it seeks an injunction prohibiting certain conduct.
- No disciplinary action was taken because our rules prohibit substances, not antibodies.
- Another three of the orders prohibited imports or exports.
- All characters belong to me and any use without my permission is prohibited.
- Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited.
- I think it is fine to prohibit smoking when there are no other options.
- A few operators advocated province-wide regulations to prohibit smoking in all restaurants.
- In certain circumstances, including this case, such broadcasts are prohibited without the consent of the ITC.
- The U.S. prohibits fishing sharks solely for their fins, which are a delicacy in Asia.
- Gil went on to explain that climbing with ropes was prohibited in the area.
- The selling and serving of alcohol will be prohibited in the areas with restricted access.
2(prevent)impedirto prohibit sb from -ing
- Nurses may be presented with exceptional or life-threatening situations prohibiting the use of assistive patient handling equipment.
- The efficiency audit said there were too many vested local interests on health boards, which prevent change and prohibit the delivery of a value-for-money service.
- A low fluid level switch is provided to prohibit operation and prevent potential burnout if solution falls below a pre-set level.
- Mutation prevention is essential to prohibit a bacterium from developing resistance to antibiotics to which it is exposed.
- What if circumstances prohibit us from pursuing anything further?
- Encourage your child to get involved in activities that prohibit smoking, such as sports.
- There were no periods of inclement weather that might have prohibited hunting during that time.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!