The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of prolongado
- Drought is a prolonged, abnormally dry period when there is not enough water to meet normal or expected needs.
- These drugs can be continued under the supervision of your doctor for prolonged periods.
- There will be a prolonged recovery period because of the damage the lorry sustained and its precarious position.
- To avoid missing too many bites it pays to hold the rod at all times, perhaps using a front rest to steady the tip when fishing for prolonged periods.
- The prolonged period of peace in Europe has created a dangerous temptation to neglect our defences, both physical and psychological.
- Currently I'm suffering from a prolonged period of insomnia.
- Lack of snow last winter, almost no rain in spring or summer and searing temperatures for prolonged periods have had a major impact on the grape harvest.
- His international career will also be put on hold for the autumn internationals while he begins a prolonged recovery period.
- It retreated in subsequent periods of prolonged dryness, leaving deposits of sediments.
- With surgical procedures to follow, it can mean a prolonged period in hospital and recuperating afterwards at home.
- I love it, but it's a little hard to read because it's heavy and hard to hold up for prolonged periods of time.
- Then there was that period of prolonged negotiation, which we have captured on video.
- There are plenty of potatoes in the ground and it looks like a prolonged drought or difficult harvest will be required to lift prices.
- The announcement yesterday was the culmination of a period of prolonged difficulties for Mr Richards.
- Because of the prolonged dry spell, drought had hit various parts of the region.
- Ironically, areas of Korea are currently being afflicted by a prolonged drought.
- It is possible that prices could mark time for a prolonged period while earnings catch up.
- Symptoms need to have been present for a prolonged period of time for a true diagnosis to be made.
- We would view any period of prolonged weakness in the oil sector as a buying opportunity.
- With two single player campaigns, Enclave provides a lengthy and prolonged battle for both sides.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!