Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1prosélito masculineprosélita feminine
- I have found this in the case of Buddhism, which doesn't advocate proselytes, and somewhat in Judaism - which doesn't seek to convert either but many followers certainly have a great pride in it and wish to express this.
- For in politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword.
- From either side of the Atlantic, two of the more influential proselytes of that degenerate old collectivist have chosen to re-iterate all the old myths once again.
- Coleridge was thus for him the latest in a line of prospective English prosodic proselytes.
- At the extreme, the new economy proselyte promotes the Internet as the solution for everything from education and health care to pollution, inequality and world peace.