The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of lascivo
- Shaun's censorious attitude combines freely with a prurient interest in sexual matters.
- People have an in-built prurient curiosity and voyeurism so why should we blame the programme makers for that?
- In the West, Miike frequently gets pegged as a shock artist, a filmmaker who merits our prurient interest more than our legitimate respect.
- The film, however, while presenting itself as a compassionate treatment, exploits for dramatic purposes the prurient interests of the audience.
- In some ways, this biography should be applauded for its total absence of the prurient interest so common to most of its peers.
- The best a guy with prurient interests gets to see is one glimpse of Reneé Humphrey, and a few fairly hot scenes of women kissing.
- Obscene material is material which deals with sex in a manner appealing to prurient interest.
- The trouble is, we are a prurient lot, always interested in the sex lives of other people, especially the famous.
- There is a great deal of prurient curiosity surrounding our partnership.
- But just for a moment, prurient eyes were diverted from Sven-Goran Eriksson and Ulrika Jonsson to an altogether more gloomy European affair.
- If prurient peering into other people's private lives is now an offence, the Home Office should be the first in the dock, with this Act offered as evidence for the prosecution.
- Media shift the responsibility for sensationalized coverage to a prurient citizenry's market demands for more blood, gore and opulence.
- ‘Nobody is going to speak freely if they're going to be quoted by ambitious and prurient journalists’.
- But beneath the prurient detail lies a stinging indictment of greater Canadian society, police and the mainstream media.
- Pious people, along with neglectful officials and prurient newspapers, need not worry about the thin dividing line between the demon and the normal citizen.
- There is something about regulating pornography that causes even the most prurient libertarian to become apoplectic.
- Operating on a far more prurient level is Paul Schrader's latest, Auto Focus, the lurid tale of Hogan's Heroes star Bob Crane.
- And it has enough about actual sex to satisfy your prurient side as well.
- These type of programmes are cheap (from a production standpoint) puerile, prurient and sadly popular.
- Indeed, the only possible response to prurient questions is ‘mind your own business’.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!